Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy 2 months!

Sorry that it has been so long since my last update -- we have had a lot going on! Luke turned 2 months old on Sept 25th and received his shots to celebrate. He threw up all over me in the doctor's office after receiving his oral rotavirus vaccine -- Yuck! A good reason for mommy to go shopping for a new shirt!



Mommy started back to work officially on October 1st. I had 2 days of shadowing before my first day. I was supposed to start out slow, but I had 2 ICU admissions in the 1st hour. If this is slow, then I am worried! David has adjusted well to the early morning awakenings to go to school. Luke did fine as well, but is already battling his first cold this weekend.






Daddy has been busy with work and working outside the house. Last weekend, he mowed across a very large subterranean wasps nest. First, he flooded it with the hose for a few hours; the wasps survived. Then he doused it with 2 cans of wasp spray; they survived. Then he poured 3 large pots of boiling water down the nest; the wasps were still there the next morning. Then, he lit a bonfire on top of the nest and kept pouring fuel on until he fried them to a crisp; the wasps were back the next morning. Finally, a critter (he thinks an armadillo) has joined his cause and dug out the nest to eat the wasps. I guess armadillos like BBQ wasps!



David & Brent found another snake today! This one is a hatchling black racer snake and NOT poisonous. Brent caught it in the small cooler and brought it INSIDE while he was surfing the net trying to figure out what kind it is. When I said this was snake #2, he corrected me and said he accidentally weed-whacked a snake just like this one last weekend. So I guess that means 3 snakes in less than 2 months of living here in Florida. Anyone want to come visit??

3 comments:

Kristin said...

zion wants to come :-)

niki said...

awwww...I miss baby Lukey, he's so big now. We miss the rest of you, too. We keep meaning to call (Jenna wants to talk to David), but it is always too late (I forget you're and hour ahead). I'm going to have to get a camera so we can Skype. And I hope mammo and pappa get their RV soon so we can come visit with them.

Unknown said...

These blogs are great. It's so much fun watching David & Luke, & your journaling is so interesting! Isn't there some kind of snake deterent on the market to keep the crawlers away from your yard? It probably wouldn't work, I've tried several recipes for getting rid of the moles, & they just seem to thrive. Hope you are beginning to feel at comfortable in jobs & home life. Love, aunt pam